Thursday, April 22, 2010

Southwest Day 12 - Purvis, MS

We awaken early, shower, load the car and we are on I 10 at 5:45 am. Traffic is already heavy and we are ahead of the rush hour. The speed limit is no longer even a suggestion. Traffic is moving about 20 mph over the posted limit. I am glad as we leave Houston city limits and slow down to the speed limit. The sun is coming up and we have a great jump on our day. Our goal is to reach Hugh and Samra's home. Hugh and I were in the Navy ages ago. Sam and Carol have become fast friends. We are planning on staying two nights. Their mailing address is Lumberton, MS but live close to Purvis. No post office there.

I call ahead to let them know we are running way ahead of schedule. I try to follow my directions from Microsoft Streets and trips. I must have taken a wrong turn. I call Hugh and he gets me back on track. It is so good to be at their home. It is a pleasant peaceful setting. His back yard has a small pond on his property. I am so glad that I will not be driving tomorrow.

Carol and I kid about her daughter, Darlene, living in the middle of no where Elsie, MI. Well, at least we have cell service in Elsie. I have A T & T and Carol has Verizon. Neither cell phone has service. In a way, I am glad.

No comments: