Saturday, April 10, 2010

Southwest Adventure Day One

Day 1
Carol and I left for Mesa Arizona on Saturday April 3rd. Our goal was to make Vidor, Texas. There was a La Quinta there. I also planned on stopping at the Texas visitor center for maps and information on the Alamo in San Antonio. Seeing the Alamo is on my "bucket list" for this trip, but a definite low priority this coming week. I was 15 minutes too late arriving at 5:15 PM. After a pit stop and a walk for the dogs we proceeded to the motel. The exit and on ramps were under construction. Quite a mess. There was damn little to pick from for dinner. The Papa John's closed the dining room because several skipped their work shift. We settled for a Chinese buffet. Horrible, easily the worse meal in recent our past two years traveling. It is probably just as well. I had a follow up appointment the day before with the doctor I have picked in Panama City Beach. I have two areas that I must address with diet and exercise. We went to bed early as Sunday was a long day and I wanted to cover 600 miles plus and stay in Fort Stockton, Texas.

No comments: