Saturday, April 10, 2010

Southwest Adventure DAy Two

Happy Easter
Easter morning and we are up fairly early. The dogs are walked and I begin packing the car. Carol and I went to the breakfast room. We were pleasantly surprised at the quality and variety. The hotel clerk gave me good advice on passing thru Houston and San Antonio via I 10. As it turned out, I received excellent advice. Beyond San Antonio the landscape became what I expected of Texas. I stopped at a rest area and was surprised and taken aback by the sign below as I headed for the puppy area with Gizmo.

Well, I am in Texas. The sign made me aware that I must think about this type of stuff. We did make our goal of Fort Stockton. The 80 MPH speed limit sure helped. Jessica checked us in and gave us directions to K-Bobs steak house. We had a nice Easter dinner and each had a drink. Carol white zin and I had a Bud light draft. All in all, a nice Easter Sunday on the road.

No comments: