Saturday, October 01, 2011

Crepe Myrtle Trees

We were walking our dogs one morning when Carol said she would like a crepe myrtle tree. We see them quite often. They line a good portion of I 95 in the Carolina's. I have never really liked the shrubs that came with the property. I contacted the landscape company that has the contract for the community that I live in. below is the before picture.



Crepe Myrtle come in various colors and Carol wanted the red. It was decided that we would get two and also a King Sago palm tree for me. I have wanted a palm tree since I moved here. Carol and I went to Lowe's and bought several types of flowers. The picture below does not do the color in the flowers justice. The trees will not flower until next year. It will also take about a full year before they start to take shape. My little palm is a hardy variety and will do fine. Its not a catalpa but it will do!



In the spring we will again plant additional flowers that will bring more color to the garden. Some of what we planted may not survive the winter. I believe this is the last project for this year. We replaced the rugs and the existing tile with porcelain tile throughout. Our central air needed to be replaced and that was completed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you are invited to follow my blog