Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Illness - Our 12 days of Christmas

Carol and I woke up the Saturday after Thanksgiving with horrible sore throats. We were congested with runny noses and a mild cough. We did not have fevers and we figured it was a cold and we would muddle through it. Fortunately the sore throat lasted a day and was replaced by blinding headaches for four days. When I am sick I tend to eat more, Carol had little appetite. We were and are doing over the counter stuff, increased liquids and rest as best we could. Today is day 12 and neither of us is a hundred percent. I believe I am closer than Carol. She has a cough that seems to rack her whole body. No time is a good time to be sick, but there is so much to do this time of year. A simple trip to the local market exhausts us. We both have shopping to do for Christmas. Carol has a sewing project to complete. We have a small tree and that required part time effort over three days to complete. I have lights for the outside shrubs and I have no energy to deal with it.

On the bright side we have a warm home and have each other. We will get the shopping done and soon will feel back to normal. Hopefully this is our one and only illness this winter season.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you're feeling better. The kids got their cards today, thanks.
--amy