Thursday, February 17, 2011

The eyes have it

Carol's surgery was scheduled for 1 PM Tuesday the 15Th. To say she was nervous was an understatement. To add to the anxiety, we sat in the waiting room until 1:30 PM before she was called. Carol was having more extensive surgery than I had. Carol agreed to have her astigmatism corrected at the same time as cataract surgery. This required a special lens and two additional incisions. Tuesday night Carol's vision in her left eye was no more than a blur. She could not see. Wednesday morning her sight was no better. She complained that I was able to read the paper the next morning. We are all different I said trying to calm her. We were at the the eye doctors for an 8:25 AM appointment. Carol's vision was a disappointment. The doctor told her that her eye was very swollen and dry. The lens was perfectly placed and that the dilation would wear off later that day. We needed to get lubricating drops for the dry eye. Carol was told that her vision would be changing over the next few days. This morning she could read without glasses but her distance sight is still poor. The doctor told her that they expect her to have 20 - 30 vision once the eye heals. Part of Carol's anxiety is due to the fact that my vision drastically improved within 48 hours and hers has not. I truly expect her vision to rapidly improve as the swelling goes down and the dilation finally fades. Carol will see the eye doctor next Tuesday morning and I will have my left eye done that afternoon.

Changing subjects, Carol and I enjoyed our Valentine / wedding anniversary on the 14Th. We added to Carol's pandora bracelet. We enjoyed a nice steak dinner utilizing an Omaha steak that was part of my sons Christmas present to us.

Yesterday, I was called by the company that administers one of my credit cards. Apparently someone in Illinois tried to charge $300.00 at a Home Depot. The card was denied because the experation date was wrong. They then called me. We closed the account and a new card will be sent. I reviewed all my charges over the last few months and the only time the card was out of my sight was at an Italian restaurant in Old St. Andrews. All the other charges were at the market and the gas station where I use all my cards on a rotating basis. So hard telling. I'm glad they have good detection software.

No comments: