Thursday, September 09, 2010

Going South

Summer is over. It has been a good summer with good warm weather unlike last summer. It is now time to head south to our winter residence. We have been staging stuff (lots of stuff) the last two days. Today we loaded the truck. From sewing machines (2) to Carol's office chair, printer, assorted cooking implements, clothes, documents, and on and on. We still must put our shower kits, bag with pillows and medicine bag in the truck bed. In the morning our laptops, cooler and snack bag will be placed inside the cab. The back seat is reserved for our pets, Tiny and Gizmo.



As I write this, all I can think about is that this needs to be unloaded in four days. This is what has been loaded today.




I am looking forward to the drive south. We love the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel. I will watch my speed in Virginia. We will have dinner with BJ and Marsha (old Navy pal) Saturday night in Georgia. Sunday will be lunch with Carol's daughter and family in Tallahassee. Then on to our home in Florida.


Winter well my Northern family and friends. Lord willing we will be back in the spring.



No comments: