Friday, December 07, 2012

Christmas Lights

Each Christmas Season a magnificent display of Christmas lights are erected around the lake in DeFuniak Springs. It has become part of our Christmas tradition to visit the display. Last year there were a reported 6.5 million light. This year, I estimate that there are at least 7 million lights. The displays are varied, religious, patriotic and winter Christmas theme lights. The trees are strung with white lights. Tree trunks are wrapped in white in one section, red in another. The circle around the lake is probably about 2 plus miles. In most areas the distance from curb to water is about 100 feet. The road is blocked and traffic is one way only. A small fee per person is collected to defray electrical costs. This year it runs from November 29 to December 31. There are numerous anti bell um and Victorian houses along the road that are beautifully decorated by their owners.

Following are a few of the of the better pictures that I took. Most were shot from my open drivers window. We did the circle twice.

















May you all have a Merry and Joyous Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year.

4 comments:

Amish Fiction Writer Sicily Yoder said...

Thank You for serving our country. We have Southern Lights here in Kentucky. I have a ticket but have not gone yet because of health issues due to a car wreck.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for any other informative blog. The place else may
just I get that kind of information written in such an ideal means?
I have a mission that I'm simply now working on, and I have been on the look out for such information.
Feel free to surf my site contractors in Orlando

Anonymous said...

Весьма интересный ответ [url=http://v-lada.ru/user/Hursikkt/]Барсукова[/url] [url=http://v-lada.ru/user/Hursikkt/]Карина[/url] [url=http://www.music-a-gogo.com/smf/index.php/topic,1039661.new.html#new]Предлагаю Вам посетить сайт, с огромным количеством статей по интересующей Вас теме.[/url]

Anonymous said...

We absolutely love your blog and find nearly all of your
post's to be just what I'm looking for. Does one offer
guest writers to write content in your case?
I wouldn't mind composing a post or elaborating on some of the subjects you write regarding here. Again, awesome blog!
my webpage :: blog