Saturday, November 05, 2011

Snow birds are coming - SNOW BIRDS ARE COMING

Over the past couple of weeks, I have noticed a smattering of license plates from Ontario, Michigan, Wisconsin and Illinois. Now that November has begun, the numbers of "snow birds" plates are increasing. We have been in a "tourist" drought which is normal for this time of year. The waitress at our favorite lunch place said that business will pick up soon as the "snow birds" will be here. Last Wednesday I went to my local barber for a hair cut and beard trim. I went at a time that I have determined results in minimum wait time. I do enjoy the time listening to the local "good ole boys" talk about solving world problems. As I left Tommy said to me, I don't know how well I can take care of my local customers, you know the "snow birds" are arriving. Yep, I replied I know. I smiled to myself as I left. Only a few years ago I was a "snow bird".

No comments: